قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Wisconsin Mom warns others after the boy swallowed 13 magnets from popular children's toys and removed organs

Wisconsin Mom warns others after the boy swallowed 13 magnets from popular children's toys and removed organs



MILWAUKEE – A 4-year-old child underwent surgery after swallowing the magnets of a popular toy. In a public article that has been published thousands of times on social media, the boy's mother says her son had removed part of his colon and gut after taking out 1

3 tiny magnets from the toy.

In a telephone interview with FOX6 News, Jennifer White of Appleton told of the incident that started it all.

"We noticed on Christmas Eve that he did not feel very well. I thought he had the flu. "White said. "He started to vomit and it was a very dark color and at that time … we knew something was going on."

The mother wrote on Facebook she felt "guilty" and "terrible", but she I do not want another child to go through this.

"The mother's guilt is enormous because you feel that you have failed your child," White said.

After she says he broke a magnetic horseshoe toy. The Children's Hospital confirms that they treat their son for consuming magnets.

According to a now viral Facebook post, he swallowed 13 tiny magnets and the operation consisted of removing part of her son's colon, intestine, and appendix.

The boy's mother said the magnets created holes and an infection in his gut. He is monitored for an infection and is still at high risk.

"The magnets seem to be stacked on top of each other," White said.

The boy's mother also posted a picture of what the toy looks like. She wrote that they are "dangerous" for parents with children who are "Kauzahn". She believes that dogs could break her as well.

The dangers of magnetic toys are something that the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has warned paediatricians. If the magnets are swallowed, they can contract with enough force to cause serious and life-threatening damage to the digestive system.

"I do not want another mother or father going through this. It was such a simple toy, "said White. "We made sure he was old enough, the age on the box, I chewed it myself. It sounds crazy, but I have children with special needs, and sometimes you have to do a little more and I've done these things to make sure … If you have them at home, make sure you know when to deal with them do not let it happen The children have them alone. "

White says there are several brands that sell magnetic toys that resemble those she had in her home. She says that the box says "for children from the age of three".

Symptoms of receiving the objects include abdominal pain, vomiting and fever. Health officials say it's important for parents to be aware of the internal damage these magnets can cause.

43.038902
-87.906474


Source link