Greetings, Arsians! The dealmaster is back with another round of bargains he can share. Today's list is led by a Microsoft deal that will give you one month of the company's Xbox Game Pass Ultimate service for $ 1 or two months for $ 2. Typically, a Game Pass Ultimate membership that includes Game Pass for Console and PC along with Xbox Live Gold costs $ 1
Explanation: We already noticed this when Microsoft closed this deal earlier this year. However, if you purchase Game Pass Ultimate, the company will still have a term of up to 36 months for Xbox Live Gold subscriptions (or subscriptions without Ultimate Game Pass) on your account to All-in-One membership. That means you can stock up on Xbox Live Gold – which many Xbox players buy anyway to play online – and then up to three years Game Pass at this prepaid time for 1 USD (19459012) in total (19459013) instead of adding the usual $ 10 (for console) or $ 5 (for pc) per month. In other words, after you've received three 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes for $ 60 each, you can get three years of Game Pass Ultimate for $ 181 instead of the $ 540 full price. (Or two years for $ 121 instead of $ 360, one year for $ 61 instead of $ 180, etc.)
The catch is that these offers are only available to new customers of Game Pass Ultimate, not to subscribers. If you have a standard game-pass subscription to the console or PC, you can still benefit from it. Also note that the Game Pass Ultimate subscription period after the upgrade can not be reset to individual Xbox Live Gold or Standard Game Pass subscriptions. Your account is not forever tied to the Ultimate plan, only the prepaid time up to 36 months. However, you must disable recurring billing and join these other services separately if you do not wish to renew the Game Pass Ultimate after the prepaid time has expired.
As a refresher, Game Pass provides a package of Xbox games to download and play at fixed monthly cost. (Think of it as a gaming netflix, without streaming.) Whether the service is worth using is, as always, dependent on the games you prefer. But the lineup is growing – there are currently more than 200 games on consoles and more than 100 on PCs – and while there is certainly a bit of filler, we would say that a good portion of the library is really worthwhile. Microsoft is likely to be happy that people will buy Xbox Live Gold in advance for years when there's a new console next year. So if you're transitioning to Ultimate, make sure you only have the required subscription period, or at least make sure you continue using the Xbox One for the foreseeable future. And if you do not want to convert, the two-month deal is still a great way to beat Gears 5 and Outer Wilds for $ 2.
If you're not an Xbox person, we also have a lot of prime-only deals on Amazon devices (just keep in mind that new hardware will be available soon). Get discounts on the latest Apple Watch and discounts on iPad, headphones and more. You can see the full list below.
Note: Ars Technica may receive compensation for sales by linking to this post through affiliate programs.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Offers of the Day
Laptops and Desktops Offers
- Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 Laptops – Intel Core m3-7Y30, 1920 x 1200 inches, 4GB RAM, 128GB eMMC for 399 USD at the best price (usually 449.99 USD).
- Lenovo ThinkPad P53 laptop with mobile workstation – Intel Core i7-9750H, 15.6-inch 3840 x 2160 OLED touch, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Nvidia Quadro T2000 4 GB GPU for $ 1,484 , 45 (use code: THINKSEPT – usually $ 1,899).
- Asus ROG Strix G gaming laptop – Intel Core i5-9300H, 15.6-inch 1080p 120Hz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB for $ 999 at Walmart (usually $ 1,299)).
- Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop – Intel Core i7-9750H, 1080p (15.6 inches), 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB for 979.39 USD at Dell (use code: SAVE17 – usually $ 1,179.99).
- Dell XPS 13 (9380) laptop – Intel Core i7-8565U, 13.3-inch 3840 x 2160, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD for $ 1,618.49 at Dell (use code : SAVE17 – usually $ 1,949.99.
Offers for video games
Offers for games
Offers for TV and home entertainment
- Anker PowerPort I Wall Charger – 60W, 30W USB-C PD, 4x USB -A for 34.89 USD on Amazon (usually 49.99 USD).
- Anker PowerWave Pad Wireless Charger – 10 W for Galaxy phones, 7.5 W for iPhone for 9.99 USD on Amazon (Code: LABOR2503 – usually 17.99 USD).
- Anker PowerLine II 3-in-1 Charger – USB-C, microUSB, Lightning for 11,24 USD at Amazon (Use Code: ANKER8436 – usually 17.99 USD).