- The new game "Follow JC Go" allows players to roam the city in search of saints and biblical figures.
- "The Church has never had a project like this … it's the Catholic app with the most advanced technology," said Argentine Ricardo Grzona, Managing Director of the Ramon Pane Foundation.
- The app cost $ 500,000 to develop through sponsors and private donors.
- Everyone around the world can download them. But it is only available in Spanish. Italian, Portuguese and English versions are on the way.
Big Difference: Although "Pokemon Go" inspired the game, it does not include gyms where players can train their saints. There is also no reason to feed their collected characters,
- "Instead, the Pokémon Go combat elements are replaced by philosophical questions that players must answer when encountering saints and other biblical names," said The Verge. "Expect that you are less focused on becoming the best nobody has ever been and more on digging deep into your heart to do a hard but necessary soul research."
Pope approves: Pope Francis praised the new app when it was unveiled on Tuesday
. He said the game will help the Catholic Church to connect with a younger generation.
- "You know that Francis is not a very technological person, but he was in awe, he understood the idea of what we were trying to do: combine technology with evangelization."