قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Woman almost loses arm after catching carnivorous bacteria at the nail salon

Woman almost loses arm after catching carnivorous bacteria at the nail salon



A trip to the nail salon cost this Tennessee woman almost an arm.

Jayne Sharp claims she has been infected with a carnivorous bacterium during a manicure at the Jazzy Nail Bar in Turkey's Creek, Tennessee this spring – and she's still trying to regain the feeling in her hand after several surgeries to contain the infection.

"While I was [at the nail salon]I got stuck on my thumb and became ouch, but I looked at my phone again." Sharp told WBIR.

Later that day, Sharp's thumb began pounding near where she had been cut, and she felt so ill that she could not fall asleep.

She got a flu test, but he came back negative, she said.

The next day, her whole arm was swollen.

An ambulance told her she had become infected with the rare carnivorous bacterial infection that causes necrotizing fasciitis.

"I had never heard of such a thing when they told me carnivorous bacteria," said Sharp, a retired dental assistant 59002] Her physician, Udit Chaudhuri, an internal medicine specialist at Summit Medical Group, said Sharp has her arm lose if she has not been diagnosed quickly and correctly.

During a series of surgeries Sharp had to take pieces of her hand, including part of her right thumb.

The grandmother said she could not shuffle cards when she played bridge, and for a while "could not even brush my own teeth."

"My life took a total turn when that happened to me" , she said.

A nail studio manager told the point of sale that Sharp had received a government inspection days after the incident was reported. No problems were noted in the salon during the annual inspection or follow-up of the complaint.

Necrotizing fasciitis can occur anywhere and usually infects people with skin cracks such as cutting, scratching, burning or biting at the disease control centers. It spreads quickly and can lead to death if left untreated, according to the CDC.


Source link