قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Woman dies of a carnivorous infection on the beach

Woman dies of a carnivorous infection on the beach



A woman from Florida died, according to her family, after she contracted a carnivorous bacterium on the beach on an innocent cut on her leg.

Lynn Fleming was initially not worried about the wound she had suffered two weeks ago on the beach at Coquina in a small dip in the water.

Bump on the leg, "her son Wade, who was with her, told Fox13.

" It was just a small cut, did not think much about it. We had a swelling that bled over and over, "he said.

She later received a tetanus shot and some antibiotics – but was found at home by impotent friends the next day.

She was diagnosed with necrotization of fasciitis, commonly referred to as a carnivorous bacterium, and had surgeries to rescue her infected leg, Wade said.

She suffered two strokes and a sepsis and died on Thursday, it seems her son told the station.

"It really does seem like a 'lifetime' movie," said Wade, "I can not believe it's really happening. It's all so fast.

He said the beach was "the place she loved. "

" She could not wait to come down here and retire. She loved the ocean; She loved walking on the beach, "he told the station.

"Unfortunately, this is the place where she accidentally lost her life. "

The CDC says that one in three who become infected with the carnivorous bacteria will die Fox has reported that around 700 to 1

,200 cases have been reported each year since 2010.


Source link