Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown ad party. Today's show comes from the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville
– Tonight WWE SmackDown opens with a graphic in memory of WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino. We hear fans singing Bruno's name in the Arena.
– We are live from the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, KY, as Tom Phillips welcomes us. He is accompanied by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
– We go straight to the ring for MizTV and out comes The Miz for his blue mark return.
Miz picks up the microphone and gets hit by the crowd with a bit of heat. He reminds everyone to shut up when his hand goes up. Miz explains that the A-Lister is back on SmackDown and makes it a show again. Miz says that one thing is missing ̵
Miz asks Cass if he can help him. Cass says it looks like Miz needs a guest, so he's here. Miz says he should interview Bryan and Cass says no one heard about Bryan. Cass talks about how hard he worked to get back from his injury, but who was cleared the day he was cleared? Daniel Bryan. All he hears about the WWE Universe is Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan and nobody talked about Big Cass. Cass says he lives in the shadow of an ordinary little man. Miz and Cass have words before they stand in the middle of the ring while Cass looks down at Miz. Miz says it's not about her, this is Daniel Bryans of … Cass cuts off Miz and talks about Bryan and his looks.
Cass talks about the fans and how they will never live their dreams because they are a bunch of Joe Schmoes. Cass says he was once like Bryan, but he was tired and grew 7 feet tall. He then went back and was repaid by everyone who had pushed him around. Cass goes on and says he despises Bryan. Now he is here in WWE and he did not have to work bingo halls or Japan or Indies all over the world. He is here because he looks tall, educated, and handsome. That makes him valuable, that makes him a star, that makes him money. Cass says he will no longer live in Bryan's shadow because he will send Bryan back to where he belongs – on the shelf … beaten and retired. Cass says that Bryan will never again cast a shadow over him or anyone else. Cass mocks the "yes!" chant and drop the microphone while his music beats. Cass leaves the ring while Miz watches.
– Another Backlash Charlotte Flair signing contract with Carmella
– We see Asuka and Becky Lynch backstage for the next match but the camera cuts to the side and we see Daniel Bryan lying on the floor , clutching his arm and selling an injury. Adam Pearce and a referee check Bryan and call for help as we go publicity.
– Back from the break and Tom says that Bryan was taken to the coach's room for evaluation. He promises an update as soon as it is available.
Asuka and Becky Lynch Vs. The IIconics
We go to the ring and the IIconics are waiting with microphones. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay talk about how good they look on the big screen. They mock Becky Lynch and then Asuka. They break up as they are better than Asuka and call her the Empress of yesteryear. They continue to be the future of WWE until the music breaks and Becky Lynch comes out while Greg Hamilton makes the introductions. Asuka is next to make her SmackDown in-ring debut.
We will wait a bit to start the match but the screen splits with a commercial break and we see Billie starting the match with Asuka.
Back from the break and Asuka is in control of Peyton. Becky comes in, but Peyton rocks her. They exchange counters and try them when Becky gets even more attacks. They run the ropes and Becky drops Peyton. Becky misses in the corner, but hits a kick to send Peyton into the corner. Becky throws Peyton, but she is able to tag Billie.
Billie turns it over to Becky and uses the ropes as the referee warns her. Billie diverts the referee and allows Peyton to cover Becky with a cheap shot. Peyton signs up for a double teaming and another fast day as fans sing for Becky. Billie is holding Becky down now. Becky finally gets Asuka the hot label and she comes. Asuka drops Billie and works on Peyton. Becky comes in to stop a cheap shot. Asuka takes Peyton off and hits the Hip Attack.
Becky returns for a Double Team Hip Toss. Asuka with a run in the nose. Becky fall with one leg. Billie goes back from the apron. Becky bumps into Asuka and slaps her apron. Becky is now unloading on Peyton. Becky is now fighting Peyton and Billie. This causes Peyton Becky to kick up and put her feet in the ropes.
Winner: The IIconics
– After the match, Billie and Peyton celebrate their music outside. Asuka checks Becky in the ring.
– Renee Young is behind the stage design by SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon. WWE Champion AJ Styles comes out and he smiles. AJ says Shane has just given him the opportunity to soften Shinsuke Nakamura before the big game on Friday at Greatest Royal Rumble. AJ says Nakamura is bringing his friends, Rusev Day, tonight. He would take her in a handicap match if he had to, but he has some support. It will be a six-man match, and while he does not name his partners, he says they are "too cute" and go away.
– The Announcers Hype Friday Greatest Royal Rumble event on the WWE network.
– Still to come, the Backlash contract signing for Charlotte Flair against Carmella. Back to advertisement
– Back from the break and we get a vignette for the newcomers Zelina Vega and Andrade "Cien" Almas. They will come to SmackDown "soon".
– The Usos speak backstage when Naomi appears. Jey Uso leaves. Jimmy Uso wants his wife to promise that they will not come tonight and join in like tonight. Naomi says she saw the Bludgeon Brothers in the eyes last week and saw nothing. She knows this is her life with Jimmy, but she has a bad feeling this time around. She asks him to stop and to be serious. Jimmy tries to reassure her and says that he will look after Rowan tonight and then bring back the SmackDown Tag Team title in Saudi Arabia on Friday.
Rowan vs. Jimmy Uso
We go to the ring and come out SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Billets Brothers, Rowan and Harper. Back to commercial
Back from the break and the announcers are stuck Make-A-Wish & World Wish Day. We see Wish Kid Alec and his family sitting at the ring. The Usos are next when The Bludgeon Brothers are waiting in the ring.
The bell rings and Rowan tilts Uso as he approaches. Rowan beats Uso and treats him. Jey is hit by Harper on the ground after jumping over him. Jimmy turns it over to Rowan on the floor and sends it to the ring post. They come back in and Uso comes with a crossbody to the 2 count from the top.
Uso lands up again, but Rowan shoves him off and sends him face first into the barrier. Rowan follows and slaps Uso on the floor. Rowan screams and brings Jimmy back into the ring. Fans try to gather for Uso as Rowan shovels him on his shoulders. The music beats, the lights go out and Naomi comes out to distract.
Harper and Rowan stare at Naomi as she dances down the ramp. Jey attacks Harper from the side and sends him into the steel ring staircase. Jimmy uses the ring with a super kick to Rowan. Uso rolls Rowan to victory.
Winner: Jimmy Uso
– After the match, the Usos rush to Naomi and start celebrating. The Bludgeon Brothers look out from the ring as commentators jump into Saudi Arabia on Friday for the title match.
– Still coming Rusev Day and Nakamura against AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. Flair and Carmella also sign their backlash contract. Back to advertisement
– Back from the break and Renee Young is in the ring for a contract signing. She joins the SmackDown Women's Title Match at [6Mai1945] Backlash and first claims Champion Carmella. Renee goes to Charlotte Flair, but Carmella cuts her off and picks up the microphone, complaining about disrespect. Carmella continues, as it is unacceptable, that the champion will be presented in front of the challenger. She says it's not Flair's Kingdom anymore, it's hers now. Carmella says she has something to discuss before Renee gets bored. Carmella says she is Renee's champion and more importantly, she is the champion of all in the crowd. They boo her and she fires.
Carmella goes on to last week's Mellabration and says that because she's the champion and the rules, she'll play the same highlight role again, but this time when it's over, people will stand there and show her the respect she deserves. She encourages everyone to stand and show respect when we see the video package again. We come back and fans court Carmella instead of giving her standing ovations. She says that's not good enough, so she'll play the video again. She reminds her to stand and cheer when the video is over and says that we will continue until the crowd gets it right. The video will be played again. The music interrupts the video and flair comes to a pop.
Flair stares at Carmella as he walks to the ring. Flair takes a seat while Carmella loiteres and mocks flair. Renee asks her to be professional and to sit down, but Carmella raises the title and wastes more time. She is finally sitting and Renee says it's time to make the title fight official. Flair first signs the contract and smiles in Carmella. Flair throws a "wooo!" in Carmella after signing and they have a few words as they get up and face Carmella to raise the title. It seems that she has not signed the contract. This quickly causes Flair to throw Carmella's face into the table and topple over. Flair leaves the ring as her music strikes. Carmella is recovering and trying to get her title. Carmella watches Flair go back.
– Speakers talk more about the Friday GRR event in Saudi Arabia
– Dasha Fuentes is backstage knocking on the door of Shinsuke Nakamura. Aiden English responds and says no interviews.
– We see the WWE United States champion running behind the scenes. Back to advertising.
– Back from the break and Tom says Carmella signs the backlash contract during the break.
Randy Orton vs. Shelton Benjamin
We go to the ring and Shelton Benjamin is out. WWE United States champion Jeff Hardy is next for this non-title match.
Hardy makes it halfway down the ramp when the music interrupts and comes out, Randy Orton, just like last week. Hardy expected it. Orton goes to the ring to the ring.
The bell rings and they close. Shelton puts it in the corner and the break counts as the referee counts. We see Jeff watching the match from a chair. More back and forth to start. Shelton drops Orton with one shoulder and they swap counters. Shelton blocks the RKO. They go back to shut themselves up, but Shelton kicks Orton in the stomach and works him. Shelton places Orton in the corner and attacks when the referee warns him.
Orton fights out of the corner and sends Shelton to the ground. Orton takes Shelton to the apron for the second rope that drapes DDT, but Shelton fights and turns it over. Shelton with big kicks on the apron. Shelton with a charge against the head, who throws Orton out of the ring and onto the floor. We go to the advertising.
Back from the break and they go in the ring. Shelton blocks a shot and drops Orton with a kick against his jaw. Shelton is holding Orton now. Orton finally sees a comeback with an offensive. Orton with the draped DDT as fans cheer.
Orton hits the mat and calls for the RKO. Shelton recovers and rolls to the ground for a breather. Orton follows and slaps Shelton in the face, right in front of Hardy. Orton looks like he might throw Shelton over to Jeff, but Jeff gets up and tells him to keep going. Jeff watches as Orton throws Shelton on the table. Orton puts it back in the ring. We see a masked man running out of the crowd and lifting Jeff's knee to the ground. Orton unmasks the man in the ring and it's Sunil Singh. Orton drops him with the RKO. This causes Orton to turn around and take a pay-shirt from Shelton. Shelton covers victory
Winner: Shelton Benjamin
– After the match, Shelton stands upright and returns as his music. We see Orton in the ring and Singh outside. Jeff recovers at the announcement table and looks on.
– The new day is backstage to celebrate the book of prey, which is available online and in bookstores everywhere. The bar comes in and interrupts it. Sheamus and Cesaro assure The New Day that they will not see them at SmackDown after tonight's win over the free RAW Tag Team titles in Saudi Arabia on Friday. They knock the SmackDown Tag Team Division and make their buzzword to mock the new day. Everyone grabs a pancake and leaves.
– AJ Styles is backstage with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. They all hug and are happy to see each other. They trade "sweets" and start talking about strategy as we go back to advertising.
– Back from the break and we get a vignette for SanitY, which will soon come to the blue mark.
– Renee Young is backstage outside the gym waiting for Daniel Bryan. Bryan comes out and says the doctors are only preparing and he'll be ready for the 50-man Royal Rumble Match on Friday in Saudi Arabia as he comes back from worse times. Bryan reveals that SmackDown General Manager Paige has given him a match against Big Cass at Backlash. Bryan says he will use the momentum from the Rumble game on Friday to care for Cass and show him they're all the same size when they're on the mat. Bryan leaves.
– We get a backstage video of Samoa Joe. Joe talks about winning the WWE Intercontinental title on Friday and then watching Roman Reigns being massacred by Brock Lesnar. Joe says if Reigns somehow survives and wins the WWE Universal title, he'll take over that title from Backlash. Believe that. We hear fans singing for Joe in the arena.
AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson Vs. Rusev, Aiden English and Shinsuke Nakamura
We go to the ring and first comes Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and then WWE Champion AJ Styles for the main event. Back to advertisement
Back from the break Aiden English arrives to sing and rap the entrance to Rusev. Rusev Day goes to the ring. Shinsuke Nakamura is next with a remixed theme and a new input video on the way.
Styles, Gallows, and Anderson begin the match with offensive and quick tags and retain control of English. Gallows rammed an elbow into English and comes to Anderson from another fast day. AJ comes for the double team. Rusev runs in, but Gallows holds him up with a big boot and clears the ring. The club is standing up with "sweets" in the middle of the ring as we go back to advertising.
Back from the break and Rusev works on Anderson. AJ comes in and turns it over. Nakamura taunts AJ and lets him hunt, eventually allowing Rusev to take control of AJ. English comes in and takes control of AJ, takes him to the mat and slows down the game. The screen shares with another Greatest Rumble promo.
The heels keep control for a few more minutes until Gallows comes in and unloads in English. Count gallows with a 2 when Rusev sets out. Everyone joins in when the game falls apart. As a result, Nakamura beats the Kinshasa on Gallows for the pin.
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura, Rusev and Aiden English
– After the bell, the winners are announced, but AJ immediately hits the ring and attacks Nakamura. They get entangled for a minute, until Nakamura makes another deep strike against AJ. Nakamura is waiting for AJ to get up for the Kinshasa. Nakamura attacks, but Anderson runs in and jumps in the path and takes the Kinshasa for AJ. Nakamura mocks AJ as he recovers and Nakamura waits for Anderson to recover. Nakamura nails Anderson with another Kinshasa while AJ watches him and can not stop him. We go to replays as Nakamura's music hits. We come back to Nakamura, who is on stage while AJ checks Anderson in the ring. SmackDown is out of the air.